Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Twelve 1/12/11

Apex Trail
I have this Dog walking book that a friend got me. Walkin The Dog: Denver
It's the 50 best dog walks to do in Denver, Co. And I love it.
Today Tyler and I took Dakota and Niobe to the Apex Trail in Golden, and it is a trail that walks through the canyons up to Lookout Mountain Hill. The hike is a 1,000 foot elevation gain on rocky terrain, or in our case, a snowy trail, and took us about 3 hours up, and 30 minutes down.....
We were lucky enough to have the dogs off leash, or as I like to call it 'Free Bird.' So they ran up and down the trails with their tails waggin. We saw two sets of deer on the walk and got to witness the sunset on the east side of the Canyon on the hike back. 
What's great about this book, is that she tells you exactly what you need to know, how hard the trails are, if there are public restrooms, leash laws and how the long the walk will be. It is my goal to do every walk in this book. So far I have done 5 of them and each one has been an amazing walk or hike. 
I took so many picture today and I couldn't help but to pick an action picture of Niobe and Dakota, because they had an absolute blast with huge smiles the whole three and half hours!

Song of the Day:
Band Of Horses: Older

No comments:

Post a Comment