Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Seventeen 1/17/11

Original Art
I am lucky to say that I am mixed in with a family of artists. Everything on my walls is original art.
This piece of art is one of my moms water colors. She told me the trend in her art class was to paint the 'doors of Reading.' (Reading was the town I grew up in and the colored doors were a popular subject) So my mom decided to do something different and go into our basement and grab some of the beer cans that have been collected from our great grandfather and stack them, and then paint them.
From time to time, I will post some of the original art that I am lucky enough to have. Song of the day is dedicated to my mom, because one time I caught her playing air-guitar to it when we were washing the cars.... I think of her every time I hear it. 

Song of the Day:
Pink Floyd - Money


No comments:

Post a Comment